newapaper

In 1893 Julius Juch , a printer from Germany, decided to attend the World’s Fair in Chicago.  He did not return to Germany, but rather settled in Newark, Ohio and started a newspaper THE NEWARK LEADER in 1895, and later a commercial job shop, The Express
Printing Co.

In 1957, Ernest W. Ryan (then of the ROCKY MOUNTAIN NEWS in Denver, Colorado) purchased the company from Julius’s son, Oscar.  Leader Printing continued to grow and in the early to mid 1960’s, Ernie’s sons, Bruce and Gary joined their father in the company.

Christmas morning in 1968 a disastrous fire completely destroyed the downtown Newark location, with only three pieces of equipment salvaged.  The company remained open for business at a temporary site until moving in July, 1969 to a new, modern facility at our current location.

In the late 1980s, after their college days, Bruce’s son Scott and Gary’s son Andy entered the family business. Continued growth and modernization would see the company on thru its 100 year milestone.

Today, Andy serves as President/ CEO while Gary continues to remain active in the company.

We are quite proud of our history at Leader Printing Co. and are sincerely grateful for our skilled, dedicated employees both past and present, who are such an integral part of the Leader family.